Re: Stabilized William Lachman

Lesch, Norman A. wrote:

> Ran,
>
> This is what I have on H. 'Gold Edger Surprise':
>
> Hosta  Gold Edger Surprise'
> (Zilis NR)
> Origin: Sport of H.  Gold Edger'
> Light Shade
> 7" tall.
> This is another very new addition to the increasing line of small
> hostas. With the size and shape of H.  Gold Edger', this new
> hosta has chalky green leaves with a narrow white edge. The
> clumps are topped with light lavender flowers in early summer.
>
> Sounds different than the one you have.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Norm Lesch
> Manchester, MD
>
>  ----------
> From: RL
> To: hosta-open@mallorn.com
> Subject: Re: Stabilized William Lachman
> Date: Tuesday, August 25, 1998 12:14PM
>
> Wes Hyde wrote:
> >
> > Ran-The plant that I gave you two years ago is called Gold Edger
> > Surprise-Wes Hyde-Rochester,New Yorj
> >
> > ----------
> > > From: RL <ranbl@netsync.net>
> > > To: hosta-open@mallorn.com
> > > Subject: Re: Stabilized William Lachman
> > > Date: Monday, August 24, 1998 11:23 AM
> > >
> > > Tom
> > > I also have something I have not seen.  It is a Gold edger, with a green
> > > margin.  It is a reverse of Radiant edger.  I am calling it Heart Of
> Gold
> > > Do you know of something like this exists.  The I notec mark has two
> > > sports listed with Gold Edger, but I don't know what they look like.
> > > Thanks
> > > Ran
Actually Wes brought me Gold Edger Surprise, last year.  Lost the name,
and have been trying to remember what it is.  Just realised (after Wes's
massage), what I have.  Nice plant, but nothing like the plant I have
been discussing.  This is avacado green with a deep gold (butterscotch)
center
I am now going to try for the name 'Lucky Charm'.  Hope this one flys!
Thanks
Ran