Re: New plant hybridizers list

In a message dated 8/26/1998 9:22:59 PM Central Daylight Time,
backhoe@scan.missouri.org writes:

<< I saw the pictures sent in by one of the pixters of hosta nematode damage
 and was wondering, "What does one do for this malady?"  >>
Hi Jean & All:

I was that pixter.The best thing to do is to have your garden treated by a
professional.
I did, two weeks ago. There is a second application coming tomorrow. The men
wear spacesuits. The nematicide is VERY toxic. It is a bit expensive but worth
it.
I had only two hostas that were infected--longipes Aurea and Inniswood. But
these Golden Nematodes are terribly invasive. They go from plant to plant in
drops of water.
They were brought to the States from Japan. We all either have them or will
have them. Act now.

Clyde Crockett z5 Indy IN
ccredux@aol.com