Re: Roslyn Nursery's "Fall Fling" List

In a message dated 8/26/1998 10:14:31 PM Central Daylight Time,
mikecook@pipeline.com writes:

<< Clyde.  Could you explain the reasons behind your opinions on the
 listed plants?  Some I just bought and some I am unfamiliar with.  Also,
 please describe Dark Star; thanks.
I find Uzo No Mai impossible to grow. It is also slug bait. Best bet is to
plant it in a terra cotta pot--a small one--at bottom put in pea gravel and
very little soil on top of gravel. Put pot in saucer and keep it watered.
Spilt Milk---I just happen to think this is not a very distinctive cultivar at
any price. It is somewhat of a freak. The white washing varies so much from
plant to plant----you are only lucky if you get a good specimen.

Dark Star?--Well, at the Iowa Convention, Roy Herold and I were chatting and
he looked at my belly and told me that I should have named 'Flat Clyde', 'FAT
So, I have NO comment on his Dark Star.(:>)

The rest are super plants!

Clyde Crockett