Re: Shade Plant

In a message dated 8/29/1998 1:48:38 AM Central Daylight Time,
mikecook@pipeline.com writes:

<< Clyde, did you ever hear from P. Stygall re: that lovely purple plant,
 draped in a urn-style pot in the garden by her kitchen (I think I have that
 right)?  I was wondering where she bought it.  Is that the plant you were
 referring to in your recent letter:
 <Cryptoteania japonica 'Atropurpurea' I highly recommend.>

Gee, I cannot remember the name of Patsy's plant. After I sent the pic out, I
eeed Tony and he gave me the correct name. It is a species or variety of the
Wandering Jew. Does anyone remember the botanical name? The genus is
Tradescantia. I dont think it is hardy in our zone 5.

Clyde Crockett z5