H. t. 'Flavoplanata'

At 05:51 AM 8/30/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I have a few tokadamas and I like them very much. Never heard of
>Flavoplanata. What can anybody tell me of this one?

Hi, I bought mine from Wade and Gatton's and was upset with it when I first
received it, because it looked exactly like t. Aureonebulosa.  It was just
a phase - the next year it came up with the typical Flavoplanata coloration
(glaucous light green, with a thin, irregular blue edge - I say irregular,
as it has large 'gaps').  It seems to grow a little faster than
Aureonebulosa.  I have mine growing in complete shade, with only what light
is reflected from the white siding on the house, woodland conditions,
little supplemental watering.  The leaves are only slightly cupped, some
not at all.

Sheila Smith
Niles, MI  USA, Z 5/6