Re: dying hosta

I am having the same problem for the 1st time. What I was told to do is:

1) dig up plant and wash thoroughly- (possible contamination in soil)

2) Bonomyl- is a fungiside- you should be able to find it at any decent
garden center

        mix a solution as instructions read- don't over do it!!
        Dip plant- don't leave in solution

3) plant in a pot or a bed that is away from plants not showing any
signs of Crown Rot

I hope this helps. So far, I have 5 plants effected. One is toast I
think, 2 are new this year and 2 were new last year. All plants effected
were in a bed (different locations) about 40' long. IMO it was either
the weather this year or the something in the mulch I put in (or both).
One observation that I have is all were large cultivars (Robert Frost,
Komodo Dragon, Sea Grotto, Tenryu and Green Sheen).

Ray W z5
Mentor, Ohio