Transposable elements

Joe
I am quit willing to explain everything to my ability. Transposable
elements are small pieces of DNA that can jump That way they cause
sometimes mutations Some plants seem to have up to 30% of their DNA
composed of Tranposable elements The fact is, that these are usually
very, very  stable Only rareley one finds one that is unstable (
Mclintock). The big question is not or we have Trans El in Hosta
I am sure they are there the question is have we unstable Trans El
in Hosta,. I dont know. Ttransposable elements, even if they make a
rare jump, are very stable So any mutation they cause is inherited
the mendelian way that is to say both via eggs and pollen. So plants
like Spilt Milk that dont inherit in a mendelian fashion are most
likely not caused by Trans Elements.
Have a nise weekend
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505