Re: sports

RL wrote:

> James M. Anderson wrote:

How
> many hundreds of thousands of this "TC mistake" do you suppose are out
> there.

Just don't understand how the conclusion can be made that this was/is a
TC mistake!  Everybody, of course, is prone to make mistakes, but in
many cases culling is simply not possible in or by a TC lab. This is why
I am so amused by people wanting me to cull their TC plants I am
producing for them. Most of the time I have only a vague idea what the
plant is supposed to look like in the first place, and I have utterly no
earthly idea what THEY think it is supposed to look like. I have avoided
culling up to now, but the pressure is great. This is where the honesty
question comes in. How can I possibly cull a plant which doesn't develop
it's true markings until later on, sometimes much later on? I could give
you a very good example, but refrain from doing so for proprietary
reasons.

> I believe we need to start with some honesty about exactly what
> takes place in the whole TC process, especially for "growers" that seem
> to have the opnion that all the culling is or can be done by the TC lab.

The first half of your sentence is unsettling to me Ran, scary in fact,
but the second half ameliorates it somewhat. The truth is nothing,
absolutely nothing, is taking place in the "whole TC process" except the
rapid increase of plants under sterile conditions. What people actually
do with those plants is another matter.

JML