Re: sports

Meum71@aol.com wrote:
?  >>
> Ran
> If you do not mind -- will you follow the link and tell me if this is the
> plant you are talking about-(the gold 'Gold Standard' I found mine in a
> collection of field grown plants.
> It's the second picture on the page.
> Thank you.
> Paul
Yes that appears to be the same plant.  All yellow Gold Standard
"sports" appear frequently, and in fact have been sold under at least
two names.  Fortunei Aurea and Richland Gold.  The problem with the
plant currently in so many "outlets", is that no one from the lab that
produced the many thousands showing up over the last two or three years,
down the chain,  to the people who retail the plant, has any notion what
a given Hosta looks like! What's more I believe THEY DON"T CARE ! Here
again is a situation where the "last in line" the retail outlet, should
be taking the responsibility to be sure the plant is what they say it