Re: 'Lady Isobel B.'

In a message dated 8/16/1999 8:09:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
lako731@usit.net writes:

<< Clyde wrote:
 >Another in that area that
 >has taken off despite the heat is 'Lady Isobel B.'
 >Clyde Crockett z5
 I was thinking the same thing today after walking the garden,
 my 'Lady Isobell Barnett' has a second blush of leaves, even
 though we had 23 days on 95 degree temps!! Since Saturday our
 temperatures are almost back to normal, mid 60's at night with
 mid 80' during the day. >>
 Hey ! Maybe we have made a discovery about thick-substanced hostas.
Why do they perform so well in high heat and drought?

At least, we can now recommend these to our friends in arid climates.
I realize the adage that a hosta can lose 1/3 of its moisture content in one

Clyde Crockett z5