Re: Fertilizing

In a message dated 8/19/1999 8:47:59 AM Central Daylight Time,
chick@bridgewoodgardens.com writes:

<< We get a statement that one researcher suggests that mono
 culture is not good and from that we draw the conclusion that we are
 mistreating our hostas.  In the world of research, theory, and philosophy,
 conclusion may be valid, but in the real world? Phooey. (Don't think I've
 written that word before, so if it's mispelled forgive me.)
 After I mentioned that I visited Van's nursery this year, another hosta
 said something to the effect: Sure he grows huge gorgeous hostas, but he uses
 all that fertilizer and stuff and waters all the time and it's not natural.

It strikes me as somewhat strange that we buy hosta divisions at very high
prices and then want to put them in a terrible growing medium.

A couple of cliches: You cannot argue with success---see Van Wade garden.
                              Do not put a $100 plant in a 10 cent hole---id.

Clyde Crockett z5