Re: Fertilizing

Butch Ragland wrote:

> You miss the point altogether, it is not good for the Hosta.

We're not missing the point.  Jim and I both know what you are saying, we simply
don't see any evidence that in the real world what you are saying has any
validity.  I won't say you are wrong, I just don't see how you can make a
statement like that.  What is not good for hostas?  In what way is it not good?
What harm are we doing?  You can't just say that planting hostas by themselves in
bad without giving any reason and expect the statement to be taken seriously.
That's what I meant when I said statements like that drive me wacky.  If you tell
me I have to plant a certain number of varieties in a given area, for other than
aesthetic reasons, tell me what the other varieties do for the hostas, in a
practical context.  What in particular will be the difference between Hosta A,
planted with only other hostas as neighbors, and Hosta B, planted with your
recommended companions.  Will the difference be noticeable and measurable or
theoretical and mystical?

Chick