Re Preferred...

Steve Chamberlain wrote,

< I rise in support  of ....Jim Hawes, <certainly not about Ben
Zoneveld, but about the rest>

Since you are co-author of one of the articles I considered "bad
science" ("How Often Do Flowers Form Seed Pods in Hostas" by Zonnerveld
and Chamberlain in Journal 30.1), it is natural that you would not agree
with my characterization. However, anyone can see that it is comprised
of only one paragraph of text, seven pages of useless data and no
conclusions.  If you wish to debate the validity of my assessment of
this specific article, I would be happy to oblige in another series of
posts, but not in this one,  since bad science  is only a peripheral
issue to my post on Preferred  Growers,etc. I will not participate in a
distraction from my principal charge...i.e. that of bad policy affecting
the well being of the AHS.

Otherwize, I am grateful that you agree on most of the points I raised.

Jim Hawes