Re: [ahspol] Fwd: Preferred Growers, Preferred Scientists, PreferredWriters,...

In a message dated 8/24/1999 9:10:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
ranbl@netsync.net writes:

<< I  , like many others , have quit advertising in the "Journal" as I get
 no results.  I can't find a customer of mine who knows or cares, if I am
 a "PG". I can do fine with out the status.  I hope the "October Meeting"
 of the board, will take this problem and straighten it out.
 Ran >>
 I agree. I should think that most growers will cease advertizing in the
Journal. Actually, and Ran is right, there is no reason to advertize in the
Journal, if you send out catalogues and/or lists. The only people I know that
ad only in the Journal are the Minks.
Folks, PLEASE believe me. This is not about money--it is about power. The AHS
wants to control every aspect of hostadom. They want Dave Stevenson to be
important. I can tell you that if I sent a pic of Lancifolia in bloom to him,
 and with the 6-inch ruler in the pic and my $5 and filled out the form and
named it 'Green Stick',
he would register it.

Ran and all,
I can tell you what will happen at the October meeting(which btw is being
paid for by members' dues)==the Solberg mafia will come up with some more
ridiculous policy.

We must get rid of Wilkins, Burns, Solberg, and all the other "officers."
This can only be done at the next convention---as long as we can vote by
proxy.

Clyde Crockett

Clyde C.