Re: Preferred Growers, etc.

Bill Riechert,

You wrote in a post on Friday AM asking to be removed from AHS ROBIN and
characterized my posts on this subject as a sickness.Then you gave me
good advice, i.e. "being smart is fine, but being good counts most-try
it."

Let me try to summarize what I have been trying to say in recent posts.
I have been discussing new policies that a handful of people on the
Board of AHS have been trying to shove down the throats of AHS members.
I think this is wrong. I have stated that these  bad policies will do
harm to the AHS. I am not alone in these opinions.

I am sorry you wish to leave the AHS Robin. I seldom post on this Robin
but in discussing this issue, I felt it was important to post on all
three hosta list servers because these issues affect all people in the
AHS.

I agree with you that being a good person counts most and I "try it"
constantly. But that doesn't mean that I surrender to ill-conceived
policies being promoted by a handful of inexperienced people on the
Board of AHS.

I suggest you not leave AHS Robin on my account (because you are angry
at me for what I posted). Stay and learn about ALL aspects of hosta
activities...gardening, hybridizing, nurseries, collecting, tissue
culture, hostas from seed, science and technology, politics (who is
leading the hosta movement) and how well (via the policies they
promote), etc..

Life, including hosta activites, is a learning experience, not a battle
to see who can dominate whom. My posts were intended  to declare to all
that I do not wish to be dominated by those  who dream up bad policies.
I am not trying to harm anyone. I am trying to prevent others from
harming me and others like me. Is this evil? I think not. I sincerely
hope my explanation is helpful.

Jim Hawes