Re:Hosta of the Year

The jury is still out on which hosta we bought this year that will turn out to be our favorite. H. Wolverine is the early front runner. For last year the hands down winner is H. Warwick Curtsey. It is absolutely as beautiful today as it was early this spring and not many of our plants can make that claim after 2 1/2 months of drought with temps constantly in the 90s (or over 100). H. Lunar Orbit gets an honorable mention. Both are great plants. While Clyde didn't ask for it I like to give equal credit to the we wish we would have saved our money award. For 98 we have a tie between H. Shiny Penny and H. Sweet Tater Pie. What we don't like is the fact they turn a sickly chartreuse color early and stay that way. The winner so far this year is Pineapple Upside Down Cake, also an early viridescent.
Tom Moore Bardstown, KY Z6