Re: Newsletters,Societies,and the Internet

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2000 7:23 AM
Subject: Re: Newsletters,Societies,and the Internet

coming soon to this site:
a special membership site for Limited on-line access to AHS publications
A full, searchable hosta registration database with photographs
AHS national & regional editor news exchange service
updated FAQs
"
I want to echo the thoughts presented by Preston.  If the AHS is to grow, we need to look for ways to include more folks in the excitment.  Making more info avaliable to folks that are already "half way there" is one of the most effective ways of getting them to join.  That would apply to our own local groups here as well.  If we insist on keeping our little "club" exclusive, it will remain ,   little !
Ran

What is the reasoning around denying them access to articles that they might now read if they are included in their society's newsletter?
If the AHS is trying to promote hostas, why not let the public have access to these articles? They may become more interested in hostas and even may join the AHS?

I apologize if this response sounds harsh,
Preston Littleton