Fwd: Your recent post on freezing hosta seed {reply to Jim Hawes}

  • Subject: Fwd: Your recent post on freezing hosta seed {reply to Jim Hawes}
  • From: Bill Nash <raffi@sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 13:44:04 -0500

Jimbo, The Wizard of AH's,  (Mr. James Hawes nicknames) T'was my pleasure, Jim, to see you be WARM & COZY in that love-nest in de wooded hills of Maryland and "just fighting dem'BARE'S!..right?" *laugh* LOVE T'you and Edna...
THIS IS ALSO SENT VIA BCC into hosta-open & hostapix...so:
*SUB-NOTES TO hosta seedling growing lovers*
  ```````````````````````````````````To whit; a while ago, some new wannabe hosta-seedling-growers, asked some questions  related to: whether or not, freezing of freshly collected, dried & cleaned hosta seed, will sprout better after freezing for a while?
      I stated (IMHO?) that I personally believe, from what I've seen, that yes, it does help the sprouting process of freshly collected hosta seeds? <I wasn't sure about this statement?> so  I sent a copy of my email to Jim Hawes ("WIZARD OF AH'S")  whom lives in dem Mountains of Maryland; and this, has no inference to a hosta of the same name ('Wizard of AH's') recently introduced by www.robynsnestnursery.com and/or perhaps it does? <g>
      In my previous post, I wrote something like: yes!...freezing helps?..but now, after reading Jim's email below, I would like to amend my earlier rhetoric to say: "Perhaps freezing!..won't hurt? {{B>))  *dunno'fo'sure THO'* "y'all can decide yerselves" ;-))?)

<---- an original email from Jim Hawes ---->
("and this is for all you hosta-loving-folks, interested in seedling sprouting successfully; with love from Ontario & Maryland and Good'luck t'all & knowin y'all be havin a lotta fun"?..yup!)