Re: In the National Spotlight - again

  • Subject: Re: In the National Spotlight - again
  • From: "Lori Johnson" <IJATSON@prodigy.net>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 11:11:00 -0500

Actually you are so right Paula, and I keep reminding myself of the benefits of having the snow cover on my gardens. The winter winds are very drying, and the snow provides protection and moisture. Now if I only didn't have to shovel anymore, I'd be much happier. This is definately the most physical activity I've had since we cleaned up the beds during the Fall. We were 'blessed' with 6 or 7 inches over night, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

On the plus side, there is still a driving ban in the Town of Amherst which means my office is closed!  Hurray!! My husband was not so lucky so I shoveled tire paths, and he creatively manuvuered the car out of the driveway.

It is snowing again now.... another 12 inches forecasted this afternoon. I have no place to put it..... but better get a move on to stay ahead of the accumulation.

I'll take a pic and send to pic list later.  Over and out.  Lori