Re: In the National Spotlight - again [just cruising cousins]

  • Subject: Re: In the National Spotlight - again [just cruising cousins]
  • From: Bill Nash <raffi@sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 12:19:24 -0500

We just got back home, from a family reunion in Buffalo NY, which we do,  between Xmas & New Year of each year. Shortly after crossing the border into the States; the Peace Bridge connecting Buffalo New York & Fort Erie Ontario was shut down behind us, due to heavy snow accumulations coming down (rates of 6 inches per hour coming down?).  The American Customs fellow, says "Don't you folks listen to the News?..roads are being shut down everywhere."
          We had room reservations at the Four Seasons Sheraton, across from the Walden Galleria Mall. Meanwhile, most direct highways were already closed, so four cars from Canada, drive around Buffalo sightseeing for a couple hours, before we finally got to the hotel.  The Walden Galeria Shopping Mall & Kmart parking lots were filled with Tractor Trailers, since the Interstate Highways were shut down.  These big trucks, were put in there for storage by the Police, hoping for an early spring, no doubt? <lol>  The shopping malls had been shut down.
          Once we were inside the hotel, we had a very comfortable snowed-in scenario in store for us?  Indoor swimming pool, hot tubs; room service for anything anyone wants; and our families had brought like $1000.00 worth of refreshments at Duty Free, as well as food treats, so we were set up for fun, being snowed in.
           When we left, three days later, the weather channel & CNN reported, that seven feet of snow had fallen since Christmas.  We enjoyed every minute of it.

see image attached "buffalo'bill cruisin.jpg" about 19 K'bytes by filesize...