Re: Is there a Hosta Sports Library anymore?

  • Subject: Re: Is there a Hosta Sports Library anymore?
  • From: LemkeIowa@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:43:57 EST

In a message dated 12/28/04 11:53:27 PM, RBRSSR@aol.com writes:

<< Is there a Hosta Sports Library anymore?

What is the easiest way to get a list of sports from H. 'Striptease'?

Ray Rodgers, Bartonville, IL, Zone 5

Ray,

There are three or four data bases that Hosta lovers have access to.  Each
one collects and displays information in a different manner.  The reader would
have to decide which set of information gives him the information that he wants
and needs, Probably I am the only one that publishes a printed list.  The
problem there is that it soon gets out of date as new registrations come in. My
"Striptease" list in the Hosta Library printed 10-26-03 contains 15 Names.
This agrees with the total on 12-30-04 in the Mora data Bank with one exception.
Today I am working on a new listing which it appears now will be some 20
names in length.  I will place this new listing in the Hosta Library.  As soon as
AHS issues the new 2004 hosta registrations the list will again be out of
date.  So if anyone is interesting in any sport or Hosta family the best bet would
be to e-mail me and I will recheck the records and publish you a new list as
up to date as I possibly can.

A PDF file on each hosta named can be found in the Hosta Library Lemke Data
section.  In the reference section you will find the page numbers of the books
were information
on this data can be found.

Mike Lemke