Re: new expensive hostas

Glen Williams wrote:
> Ran ,
>     I applaud your efforts and those of other hybrizers to get more of a
> return for the time and effort ( AND RECORD KEEPING) you put into your
> work.  The limited TC run  may make the initial buyer  a little happier and
> limit conspicious consumption for a little while , but surely you still
> face the problem  of someone buying an early TC plant from you and in turn
> creating a thousand plants from that one and flooding the market.Other than
> a degree of moral pressure  what is there to stop the  "in-for-the-buck" TC
> er for capitalizing on your limited edition?
>     In addition do I understand that you will not be offering originators
> stock? Just TC. OS always seems to be a lure for some of us.
> Glen
> Glen Williams Zone 5a   Springield , Vermont.
> "...and I am unanimous in that."
I will continue to offer OS material.  I am thinkubg however, that the
Tc labs may not be so ready to "pick up" some of the Hostas that remain
unreistered as the market for these may be to limited with the new AHS
rules.  This whole thing may not work just as the plan was designed.  I
will wait and see!