Re: Rare Hostas

Ronnie,

These are just some of the things you can do to raise your hosta I.Q.

Join the American Hosta Society. Join your local chapter of the AHS. Read
the hosta-open e-mail robin. Read the AHS e-mail robin. Join other chapters
of the AHS. Go to Hosta in Focus in Washington D.C. Go to Hosta College in
Ohio. Go to the Winter Scientific Meeting in Chicago. If a nursery
specializes in hostas, read their catalog many times and use it as a
reference. Read The Genus Hosta by Schmid. Attend the AHS National
Convention. Buy or trade lots of hosta. Travel to nurseries that specializes
in hostas. Talk to someone about hostas every day.

I know of several people on this list who only missed one of the above. When
you are into hostas at this level it's easy to poke fun at the nursery
catalog information concerning hostas.

Hang in there Ronnie, the folks around here will lead you to so much
information about hostas that soon you can be sarcastic too ;-)

Yeah Ha!!!!

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE
zone 7
Ronnie wrote:
Being new in Hosta gardening, I just realized how much fun it will be when I
become "Hosta intelligent".  When I do, I will be able to throw little
sarcastic notes out on the forum from time to time... Until then,  I will
just
have to be content knowing a little about the commonly available hostas.
Ronnie