    The time and effort to raise seedlings, make a craft, write a book, or
numerous other things can only be appreciated if you have had experience
doing a similar "thing".  For example, I have just found out in the last
few weeks that it takes time and patience to make crosses, collect, clean,
label, and sort hosta seeds.  Believe me, I really appreciate the seeds that
have been sent to me since I know what it
takes to get those little seeds.  I am sure once I start to plant, water,
observe, transplant, etc., I will appreciate all the work that "growers"
have put in to bringing the hosta that I adore to the market.  Hey, I may
not hyperventilate when I see the price tag on new introductions once I go
through the steps myself because then, and only then, will I have the
experience it takes to make an "educated" opinion on costs, etc. So
I guess I won't have an opinion for a long, long, time.  "Growers" hang in
there! Somebody out here appreciates you....
    It reminds me of the general public's opinion that teaching is an easy
job.  Ask a teacher........
Judy in Virginia