Blue Hostas/Tony Avent/Fine Gardening - February 2000 issue

Bill,
Tony mentioned the following blue hostas. It is a good article but as
you can see most of these blues have been on the market for a while and
are readily available. Good reading as is Tony's norm.

Small

Baby Bunting
Blue Danube
Blue Moon
Dorset Blue
Hadspen Hawk
Popo

Medium size

Abiqua Drinking Gourd as one of his favorites-- big photo
Dorset Blue as a blue that throws a lot of blue seedlings
Halcyon
Love Pat
Blue Wedgwood
Blue Jay
Blue Shadows
Fragrant Blue
Hadspen Blue
Osprey
Pearl Lake
Salute
Valentine Lace

Large
Azure Snow
Big Daddy
Blue Belle
Blue Heaven
Elvis Lives
Francis Williams
Hillbilly Blues
Krossa Regal
Lakeport Blue
Sea Sapphire
seiboldiana Elegans
Tenryu

Extra Large
Big Mama
Blue Angel
Blue Mammoth
Blue Umbrellas

(not mentioned)
One of Alex Summers Favorites is Buckshaw Blue. Another is Blue
Sapphire. Another is Brother Ronald. And Blue Splendor.

By no means is this an all inclusive list of good blues!

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE
zone 7
SussexTreeInc@ce.net