Dear Ron,

I am keeping two days worth of water and enough kerosene to  fuel my heaters
for the same period.

I don't think I'll need any of it.

My concerns are less personal and more global.  For instance:  Venezula, our
main source of imported oil, will not be y2k compliant for another year.  I
expect that this will dramatically increase the cost of gasoline and deisel
fuel which in turn will increase prices of virtually everything.  (Find
something that isn't delivered to your local store that wasn't brought by

Anti-American terrorists are sure to use y2k as an excust for their evil
acts.  I no longer worry about bombs, but bacterial warfare does concern me.
A container the size of a ball-point pen can hold enough virus or bacteria to
wipe out thousands.  Think if this were released at a major airport.  It
would spread worldwide before people even started to show symptoms.

Sorry to be glum, but...

Jim Dixon