Re: my original post to Phoenix

Narda

Long Beach is about 1 1/2  to 2 hours driving from Chicago... look at map go
east on I-94.  Just before the border of Michigan you should see Michigan
City, IN (by the lake)... Go east of that but not all the way to the border
of Michigan along the lake and you've got Long Beach...  Michigan City pays
zip to there programmers and even less then zip to women (no offense but
they are really behind the times,  their loss).   For that reason I take a 2
hour train ride to Chicago switch to the Elevated trains (fondly known as
the El) and take another 1/2 hour train ride north  50 blocks.  The pay is
almost 3 times what I use to make (there are days I still feel I don't get
paid enough  - ask me New Years day at the office).  I get better benefits.
Draw back the commute is a real pain but I use it as time to plan my garden
(I print out catalogs), figure out what part of my house I'll gut,  what is
on the agenda for the county park department,  use to handle medical
emergency's on the train (I've retired - no time to keep up on the mandatory
renewal courses);  read Tom Clancy, Clive Cussler, Sue Grafton, Ann Rice,
Anne McCaffery and any other book, magazine, how to, or other that comes my
way  (It helps when your friend works for a very large international ad
agency and can get almost any magazine I need).   Most of the women in my
town think I'm nuts and I'll agree but I can honestly say that I've lived a
full life and while I'm a high expense hosta nut I'm self supporting and
proud of it....  My hubby is waiting for the day he can quit the steel mill
near by and be a "kept man". yeah right... keep working honey... I need more
hosta.......

With a song of hosta in my heart,
Kate