seedlings....

Narda,
Monty has you started into starting your own seeds? Me too.
Monty, you are on a crusade aren't you.
And the first hosta we find that we want to register we should name after
you, yes?

From your other letter....
<<  All have germinated except Dr. Reath, and I have
 only one Dorothy Benedict seedling from the ten seeds that I planted.  So I
 would say yes.  >>

Narda,
The Dorothy Benedict seeds....you had one out of 10 start?
I have had a Couple of Packs I got from Hideko Gowen trying to start for
almost a month now. I still don't have anything coming up. I am still
watering them but the other half of the flat is so big I need to take the
cover off. I am going to keep trying...but I was beginning to think it was
just me....

I too am enjoying watching these seedlings grow.  I see the gnats have
started. I guess I am still unsure what to use on them. Listerine, Lysol,
diazinon (what mixture?), I remember hearing about a vinegar  recipe...
To battle the green stuff I used the milled spagum moss, it seems to be
working as far as keeping it from hurting the seedlings.
I need to be transplanting these seedlings now, out of the cupcake and salad
containers I started them in. Some have more than one leaf.
I love this...makes the winter seem shorter than it is already.
Since we have not had much snow, none on the ground now (please let this next
storm pass us by too).
It doesn't seem like winter has started yet (sorry everybody to the south
that got it).
It could snow on Christmas Eve...I wouldn't mind that...but I also wouldn't
mind if it was gone by the end of January. I know I am dreaming...

Paula
Blaine,Mn
zone4