Let the fun Begin - Auction

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Starting tomorrow, December 21st, we will begin the much
anticipated auction to benefit the Hosta library. The auction runs
until December 28th.

Before the fun begins, I thought I'd give you some basic
instructions. When bidding on an item, please include the item
number in the subject of your email to assist with all the emails
we'll be processing during this auction. There are currently 42
items up for bid and once we commence the bidding, it will be fast
and furious I'm sure!

Bids can be sent to Hostabids@yahoo.com

Every attempt will be made to confirm your bid, and we will post
the day's results so you'll know where we stand each evening.

Again, for those of you who have made donations, thank you so, so
much. We hope all
donation commitments will be met unless there is plant loss or
other good reason. If you have any problems, please notify Barbara
Jones at BBROWNJ@aol.com so that a refund can be issued to the
auction winner.

Bidders, once the auction is over, we will be at the end of the
holiday season. We would like to have all monies to Barbara by
1/10/2000 if at all possible. At that time the donators and the
winners will be placed in contact with each other for delivery
arrangements.

Please send your money to:

Barbara B. Jones
46 Barlett Street
Chelmsford, MA 01824-3902

Well, it's pretty basic, but please feel free to ask any questions
you may have. Again, please not that the bids should be sent to
hostabids@yahoo.com

This is what we have so far for the HostaLibrary  Auction.
Donations for this auction to benefit the not-for-profit web site
www.HostaLibrary.org  Donations will be accepted from Dec.14, 1999
through Dec. 21, 1999.

Donate by sending a message to BBrownJ@AOL.com

1   'Alex Summers'          Donated by Dan Nelson

2   "Christmas Tree Gala"       Donated by Bob Axmear

3   Seed Packet "Little Jim" and  "Breeders Choice"
     + bonus "Swoosh" packet
                           Donated by  Beth Arnold
        $10 minimum

4   Seed Packet "Neat Splash and 'Fascination"
    + bonus "Swoosh" packet
                    Donated by       Beth Arnold
     $10.00  minimum

5 "Joanne Johnson" A small, blue, white flowered Tardiana
                    Donated by    Irwin Johnson

6   'The Blues Package' (5 plants)
    Blue Angel,
    +Blue Seer,
    +Blue Shadows,
    + Blue Umbrellas,
    +Blue Wedgewood
                    Donated by   Bob Axmear

7   Eight different streaked Hosta from Tissue Culture.
     This includes liners of classic streaked breeders and streaked
sports of known  varieties
                 Donated by Jim Anderson

8   Dorothy Benedict X Dorothy Benedict given to Patsy by Dr. Herb
Benedict
                Donated by Patsy Stygall
         $200.00   Minimum

9   "Alvatine Taylor"       Donated by Patsy Stygal

10  "Lakeside Sapphire Pleats"  Donated by Mary Chastain

11  "Lakeside Waterfall"        Donated by Mary Chastain

12  "Lakeside Doodad"       Donated by Mary Chastain

13  "Yankee Blue"           Donated by  Indianiabob

14  Beginners Collection (4 plants)
 Wheaton Blue,
+Purple and Gold.
+Pineapple poll,
+ Invincible
                     Donated by Joanne Pyszcek

15  "Tea and Crumpets"      Donated by Stuart Asch

16    "Satin Bloomers"          Donated by Stuart Asch

17  "Old Faithful"          Donated by Stuart Asch

18  "Galaxy"            Donated by Stuart Asch

19  "Emerald Coast"         Donated by Gary Trucks
    $25.00  Minimum

20  "Eagles Nest"           Donated by Ran Lydell

21  "Kinba"             Donated by Ran Lydell

22  "Turning Point"         Donated by Ran  Lydell

23  "Saybrook Surprise"     Donated  by       Ran Lydell

24  "Striker"            Donated by Ran Lydell

25  "Grand Slam"     Donated by       Naylor Creek
Minimum  bid       $75.00

26  "Sea Gulf Stream"        Donated by Naylor Creek
Minimum bid   $25.00

27  "Tyler's Treasure"      Donated by  Naylor Creek
Minimum bid $35.00

28  A collection of 3 eyed daylilies    Donated by  Bob Axmear

29  Lemke's Master List  of Hostas  Donated by Marvin Lemke

30 Collection of Daylilies
"Pink Ambrosia"
"English Cameo"
"Chris Salter"          Donated by Bob's Louisiana friends

31  "Hot Lips           Donated by  Glen Williams

32  "Kryptonite"                 Donated by   Glen Williams

33  "Cherifu", 2 yr. old seedling         Donated by   Glen
Williams

34  "Sagae" 2 or 3 division         Donated by   Barbara  Jones

35  "Regal Splendor", 2 division    Donated by   Barbara Jones

36  "Invincible"2 or 3 division     Donated by   Barbara Jones

37 Daylily collection,"Hunter's Torch(red),"Agape Love"(white),
Lexington Ave.(purple with darker eye),Ezekial (red-black double)
                    Donated by   Joanne Pyszczek

38  White center collection (TC liners), to be shipped in May
"Stained Satin", "White Angel", "Center of Attention", "Bud is
Wiser","Flash of Light", "Flame Stitch","Night Before Christmas",
"Pandora's Box"
                    Donated by Jim Anderson

39  Gold Edge or Gold Center collection, "Bottom Line","Royal
Flush",
"Illicit Affair". "Carousel", "El Capitan", "Little Sunspot", "Dick
Ward",
"Summer Serenade" Tissue cultureliners  to be shipped in May
                    Donated by Jim Anderson

40 Green, Gold or Blue collection. "Blue Flush", "Komodo
Dragon","Big John","Starboard Light", "Rising Sun", "Riptide",
"Hercules", Baby Bunting".
Tissue culture liners to be shipped in May.
                    Donated by Jim Anderson

41 Daylily collection of four daylilies: "Mariner's Cove",
"Caribbean Perfection Plus", "Two Part Harmony", "King Kahuna".
                    Donated by Bob's Louisiana Friends

42 Daylily collection of Three: "Midnight Raider", "August Morn",
"Prairie Wildfire"
                    Donated by Bob's Louisiana Friends