Dogs - nothing to do with hostas

CCREDUX@aol.com wrote:

>  Chick & All,
> My wife wants a "lap" dog. Is your terrier such?

This is my third Westie and I would not really call them lap dogs, not to their
face anyway.  They are not yappy, but they are very active, at least until middle
age.  Mine would rather go for a ride or go hiking than snuggle.  They don't shed
much but are white and hard to keep clean.  They are pretty smart, but very
stubborn (I like a dog that treats me as an equal).  Most people I know who own
Westies think they're the only dogs worth having, but I suspect that all dog
lovers feel the same way about their dogs.

Nope, great dogs, but I wouldn't call them lap dogs.

Chick