Re: Tender Salvias

Gerry, thanks I didn't know that there was that much to salvias.  I never
really looked into them because I always think of them as red.  We don't
plant red, orange and not much yellow in our yard.  The blue Victoria salvia
is a big winner in my garden, and I usually just break it off because it will
survive the winter and come back real bushy.  Pretty remarkable for zone 5.
I notice some little birds trying to get seeds from some salvia that is left
in a big whiskey barrel planter on the patio the other day.  I would have
left all the salvia plants in the beds if I had known that they provide seed
for the birds.  I think that I planted six flats of blue Victoria last spring.

I am eyeballing a book on woody plants by Michael Dirr, and it is expensive
so I will have to put the salvia books on my list for the spring.  Keith my
husband says when the mailman rings the doorbell with another book from
Amazon, "your daily delivery is here, dear."  He tries hard to be funny, the
humor misses me.

Merry, merry,
Narda