Re: AHS Journal for Kevin Walek

In a message dated 12/30/99 2:26:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
seabeth@heart.net writes:

<< This is a message for Kevin Walek.  I still have not received my AHS
 journal.  Who do I contact or how long should I wait?  I suppose Cindy
 Nance. >>

All the Journals were mailed the same day.  Each post office that it passes
through is supposed to hold it for no more than 2 weeks (the old bulk mail it
was 6 weeks per post office). Based upon past experience it has taken as long
as 18 weeks from first to last.

All the Journals were mailed by December 6.  Since it is supposed to take 1/3
the time under this "Non-Profit Org." license, it still could be as late as
Mid-January and the post office would probably not be violating its rules.
Also based upon past experience, even within the same post office zip code,
each mailman can decide when within the 2 week period to deliver the piece of
mail.  Again based upon the past I know of one zip code, interestingly enough
in Peoria, IL, where it took the full 6 weeks for everyone in that same zip
code to get their copy.

I know it is easy to say, but tough to do; however, I would wait until the
end of January before I contacted Cindy for a replacement copy.  And yes,
Cindy is the person to contact.  In the Spring we only experienced 2 lost
copies -- I hope the Post Office isn't trying to even the odds for us!

Also, when you get it please note the renewal form.  Even though we thought
it was crystal clear that renewals were to be mailed to Cindy (and she has
received over 300+ renewals already) 6 people have mailed there renewals to
me.

If anyone is from the Kansas City area and knows Thomas Coen, a life member,
let him know to contact Cindy.  His Journal was returned "Delivery attempted,
addressee not at this address."  It is the same address we have mailed it to
for several years with no problem?  Our only guess is that he may have passed
away.

If anyone is wondering why they aren't sent 1st class is that it would cost
nearly $4 more per member.

Kevin P. Walek