Re: Lancifolia

Meum71@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 12/30/1999 11:41:05 PM Central Standard Time,
> NardaA@aol.com writes:
> <<  I always recommend "looking on lancifolia with fondness" early in the
>   season, as they soon become a "fond memory"  (Slugsyouknow!)
>   Ran >>

I happen to have fond memories of lancifolia.  My mother used it as
edging for her shade gardens, the cats used to lounge under the leaves
in the heat of summer.  It is the plant that got me started in my hosta
addiction...I went in search of my "mother's hosta" which I did not, at
the time, know the name of. As a result of that search I found many
other hosta I HAD to have... :)
  As a kid, it's simple beauty and the flowers in bloom always made me
happy - especially the fact that the unopened flower buds made a great
"popping" sound.
  I now have one lancifolia that is large enough to divide into many
small plants, and I will use it like my Mom did - as a cheap edger

Diane Frederick