Will I ever figure out seedlings?

pout pout.... still no Catalog.  I even stayed home so I could roost by the
mailbox to get it (really had a major bad headache due to sinuses couldn't
stand light let alone noise)... I guess I'll go stare at the hostalets..

Question though as I stare at these little babies... Bob mentioned that the
first leaf of a possible striped plant is striped but looking at them I
can't tell.  Do I need a magnifying glass? or is it the first Bigger leaf or
How many leaves before you know what the plant might look like.  When can
you tell their color... blah blah blah.... (I know I'm babbling).

Kate - pinning for Ran's catalog.... counting the hostalets and wondering if
the one batch will ever come up.