RE: On-line Database

Regarding the database, we're working at gathering all the information and
putting it into a usable format. Its already been explained that the
database contains a list of every Hosta that is in the trade, or talked
about. (THAT I KNOW OF!!!) That's important, because it doesn't include
'secret projects"...<Smile>. If I see a name come across my screen, I add it
to the database, then go about trying to find information about it at a
later time.

The database is then sorted by two categories. Registered, and non
registered. We've prioritized gathering the information on those that are
registered first for input into the database. Once those are complete, we
will turn our attention to the non registered Hostas, and probably ask for
help finding information. There are currently over 2600 Hostas listed. (2625
and growing)

The database has been designed using the current registration form with a
field for each question on the form. As already pointed out, many of the
older registrations do not include the details that we currently require for
registrations. We'll fill in as much information as is available, and can
add more as registrants offer information on older varieties. It's easy to
update.

One last comment, the database is currently less than 1.5m however, please
understand that it is only a shell. Once all the fields are inputted, the
size will be considerably larger.

If you need more information, please feel free to contact me, or anyone else
on the team.

Thanks,

Lu