Re: Registrant Name

In a message dated 02/15/2000 8:58:36 AM Central Standard Time,

<< I am looking for the person whose last name is "Riehl" and is the
 of (at least) two cultivars attributed to Russ O'Harra as originator.  H.
 'Green Lantern' and H. 'Popo' are listed as having been registerd by ______
 Riehl.  I may have even seen this name on a posting here but right now the
 first name elludes me. I know someone can help me out, maybe even supply an
 email address. >>

Frank Riehl resides in Iowa City, Iowa.  He was quite active in the National
Hosta Society as the photo editor and secretary of the Midwest Regional Hosta
Society in 1992.
 He was very helpful to me in getting the Dubuque Hosta Society started in
the holding the 1994 Midwest Regional Hosta Society Convention.

In 1993 Iowa City held the National Convention and something went awry with
Frank and he seemed he lost interest in Hostas altogether. He had a very
extensive hosta garden with a lot of neat seedlings and sports. He even had a
small tc lab. The hosta that I remember best that he had developed was H.
Veronica Lake.

Maybe Clyde could tell us more. He was Journal Editor then and worked with
Frank a lot.

Jim Schwarz
Dubuque, IA