Re: fixing up your soil /weird fertility

When I was in my early twenties I worked for Safeway Stores. I often
worked the dairy section and had access to out of date milk. Some nights
I would bring home as much as 50 gallons. I would pour milk directly on
vegetables I was growing in 2,000 sq feet of bio-dynamic French
intensive raised which I had hand dug to two feet deep. The vegetables
thrived. I never saw any signs of toxicity even with foliar feeding at
full strength.

 I would also use milk in my compost piles.

 In the winter my compost piles would look like steam boats going down
the Mississippi. Once someone reported a fire at my place. It was the
steam coming off of my compost piles.

I also had access to spilled grain from a local feed mill that had sat
for years and completely composted. Sometimes I had to fight the rats to
get to it but it was worth the effort.

These days I use decomposed wood chips which are a by produce of my line
of work. If you have the room most tree care companies will be glad to
drop you a load at no cost if they are in your area.

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE
zone 7