opinions wanted

Dear List members,

The fledling East TN Hosta society has just sent out its first newsletter
of 2000. The new editor requested help in getting together material for the
newsletter..I thought it might be a good idea to promote hosta-open a
little, since as far as I know, none of the members is on the list (with
the possible exception of Nancy Robinson, you a member of the ETHS?)

So I'd like to suggest to her that I contribute a column with questions and
answers lifted from hosta-open. I would of course, credit the maillist and
the perple I quote, and I would NEVER quote without getting permission from
both the questioner and the answerer-er-ers. I might also start off by
introducing myself, giving instructions for subscribing and then maybe
(with Bob's permission) recommend they check out the Hosta Library, as an
example of how list members, interacting  with other generous and
hardworking list members have helped create a site of great beauty and

But, I'm getting carried away. What do y'all think? Feel free to express
negative responses privately./ I will listen to *everyone* and not be
offended (unless