RE: Holly's Velvet Piecrust vs Niagra Falls?

For dark green, there's always Lakeside Black Satin.  Small to medium sized, heart-shaped leaves (not piecrust), truly a standout when mature.

Diann
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-hosta-open@mallorn.com [mailto:owner-hosta-open@mallorn.com]On Behalf Of Cindy Johnson
Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2001 7:19 PM
To: Hosta-Phoenix; Hosta-open
Cc: Nelsen, Debbie
Subject: Holly's Velvet Piecrust vs Niagra Falls?

Hi hosta folks,

I love dark green hostas and piecrust edges.  I'm looking at the
descriptions of Holly's Velvet Piecrust and Niagra Falls and both sound
wonderful in the descriptions of catalogs.   I've also looked at their
pix at Hosta Library (only one pic of Holly's though.  I sure like when
there are several pix of each).  I need to cut down my list of hosta to
buy this spring so I need your help here.  If I have to choose between
these 2, which one would best suit my desire for dark green hostas
and/or piecrust edge?  Or would you recommend some other hosta instead?

Thanks,
Cindy Johnson
White Bear Lake, MN
zone 4a