Re: Let's talk hosta, hosta, plants, gardening, cabin fever, etc......

One of the founding precepts of this forum was that you can say what you want.
Some people want every word to relate to hostas, and others think of this as a
group of friends who also have interests other than hostas.

It seems to me that if the harsh responses offend the people who post
controversial material, then they can stop posting it. If you are going to preach
to people who don't want to hear it, you have to expect some of them to tell you
to shut up. Since nothing has slowed Beth down in her campaign to turn us into
right wing zealots, it can't be bothering her too much.  Let her preach her heart
out, and let the people who find her offensive tell her so. Beth's messages don't
bother me because I don't read them.  I think that's a better way of handling it
than trying to decide what can be discussed and what can't.

Unfortunately, it's like driving by a car wreck, you know you shouldn't slow down
and look, but you just have to.  There might be something really disgusting in
there.  I always read the responses to Beth's messages.