Re: Variegated Plants

Paula,
        Here is a link that speaks of the Variegated Oak.
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/sources/msg1101585729645.html
    In my book, "Garden Trees", it lists Quercus cerris 'Argenteovariegata'.
It is also sometimes called Q. c. 'Variegata'. Unfortunately, it is a zone 5
or 6 tree. (The book says zone 5 and Sheffield's seeds says zone 6. It might
be a while before you can find a zone 4a-hardy Variegated Oak.
        The variegated Jade is Crassula argentea 'Variegata'. I have seen
them at Lyndale Garden Center at different times. Dennis Hoidal, in Forest
Lake, MN, has a cacti and succulent nursery (both hardy and tender) and I
know he has them. They might be $2.00 or so. His number is 651-464-0858. He
is a really nice guy. We go out there every spring to see all of the cacti
in bloom. It is spectacular! (Something completely different from the cool
shade in a Hosta garden!) Dennis also sells plants to Lyndale Garden Center
in Richfield, so you might want to check there first.
Take care...
Mike Derksen