Re: H pulchella forms

Ben wrote:
 I also had 6 forms of pulchella
they can vary a lot in size The smallest I had came from
B Olson, and also a slightly larger one. This plant is smaller than
even Tiney Tears. Further a had a plant from a local nursery and
one from the Arboretrum in Rotterdam collected on Mnt Sobo Then
there is the largest one H pulchella Kifukurin , about the size of
Nakaiana
Lastly Shining Tot turns out likeley to be a pulchella too ,
not a hybrid.

Hi Ben,

Does this mean that the Shining Tot I have is really pulchella? (and I can therefore take pulchella off my "want list")

After I read the above, I looked up Shining Tot in  Mark Zilis' book to see what he had to say about it.  He says it's "much like pulchella in both foliage and flower", but that it's an Aden cross of venusta and Rock Master.  I then looked up Rock Master and he says it comes from another Aden cross of venusta and a sdlg.

Thanks for the additional info about pulchella.  I think that instead of taking it off my want list, I want to have more than one "form" of it...if that's the proper word.
Cindy Johnson
White Bear Lake, MN
zone 4a