Re: Fw: Variegation-Vaughn-1979-1980

Dan Nelson wrote:

> Here another article from Dr. Vaughn on Variegation from the same issue of
> the Journal.
> Subject: Variegation-Vaughn-1979-1980
> Found in THJ Bulletin 11, 1979-1980 pages 33-34
>     VARIEGATION IN HOSTA-  by Kevin Vaughn

Thanks Dan,

Preston had already sent this article to me. I had read it many years ago and
have remained impressed at the wonderful work of Dr. Kevin Vaughn. I am glad you
have forwared it to hosta-open so that all can read it. The work in pure science
lays the groundwork of understanding necessary to be  more fully  aware of the
REASONS WHY something is so or not so. The essence of Dr. Vaughn's work is the
explanations of the  importance of plastid mutations as they affect inheritance
and explain the phenomena of chimeras. I have been studying and writing about
this subject (as a reporter, not a researcher) for many years now. I wonder how
many times must the explanations be repeated? Another 20 years? Some who write
(and edit)  are indeed slow learners.