Re: Discussion on Origin of Sports

In a message dated 02/26/2001 1:54:40 PM Central Standard Time,
njhosta@hotmail.com writes:

<< This may point to a problem in
 tissue culture, although not necessarily with the process itself. One
 possibility is that GE has some variability in its growth rate that is
 probably genetic and that if the wrong meristem is used all propagated from
 it will grow poorly. Another possibilty is that it is overly susceptible to
 genetic damage or mutation caused by some part of the TC process. >>

More likely there are diffrent plants being sold as '"Great expectations" I
bought a flat from a company in Florida I believe many years ago-they were
all slow growing and did not amount to too much.
I have also bought plants from other suppliers and they have done very well.

As you say-it seems to be consistent per supplier and or with in a lot
produced.  So I would imagine there are a few diffrent forms of "Great
Expectations" around. Some forms grow good-others do not.