cloning

Andrew
Thanks for your very well written email There is one remark I dont
agree:
<Until we can clone a plant genetically, all plants are at best
<"similar to" and not identical, so this becomes a
<marketing question and not a scientific one.
 I thought that my article about the subject in the journal was pretty
clear about when a new sport is identical and when only similar. ( if
not : just asks) Moreover I like to point out that cuttings ( or tc)  are
a sure way to get clones that are nearly always genetically identical
Have a nice weekend
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden