Re: Repellants - possible repost

  • Subject: Re: Repellants - possible repost
  • From: James Sherwood <jimwsherwood@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 10:45:00 -0800 (PST)

HI. I live in Palatine Ill. 25 miles NW of Chicago.
My house is on a slab with water heated floors. The heat tends to
also make the ground around the house warm and the hostas and
jonquils love it.
The other hodtas in the east (front) group are 24 to 28" away from
the foundation and have not popped thru yet. I have a 48 inch roof
eave over the hosta so they fight for water. (and do it quite well)
They are 6 to 8 year clumps and look very nice when full. I promise
to water them more as a spring reward.

I am warming some peat moss to mulch the sprout leaves due to the
expected additional cold.

There is Stoddard? How is the soil temp? Yesterday a south facing
garden 18 feet from the house had soil temps of 48 to 50F. I dua a
bed and planted a bunch of HardNeck garlic.

Spring.....Almost.
Jim

=====