Re: Save Chick's Dog

  • Subject: Re: Save Chick's Dog
  • From: Alttara Scheer <alttara@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:06:05 -0500

Dear Hosta Folks,

I'm sure you all know that I'm one of the "newbies" and as such, do not have any rare and fabulous plants to donate to save that poor, hapless and helpless puppy!

However, I will make up a special limited edition set of Hosta Baubles with pictures of some of the amazing plants from First Look, and will donate them in lieu of plants. No measure is too great, to help that unfortunate animal! These will be my masterwork! The best Baubles yet!

I will go and get to work on this right now; time cannot be wasted!

Chick, please do reconsider. That gorgeous little puppy face is a stranger to me, but it knows and loves you well! How would you be able to sleep nights, if every time you closed your eyes, those sad and abondoned little puppy eyes were there?

Getting busy in the Save Chick's Dog movement,

CBCTPLANT@aol.com wrote:
163.90df870.29a3ef34@aol.com"> Dear Robins,

It was our hope to announce only good news today that the FIRST LOOK Auction is up and running at:  http://hostasonline.com/cgi-bin/auction.pl?category=first
And you CAN visit the site and take part in the Second Annual One-Of-A-Kind FIRST LOOK Auction.  And there is more good news there that this year FIRST LOOK is splitting its proceeds with the AHS as a donation for the Hosta Journal's third issue.

This good news is being somewhat overshadowed by a dark and terrible development.  I would like to assure all of you that the FIRST LOOK Team has had NO PART in the kidnapping of Chick's poor little dog Lily.  We received word this morning anonymously, with a ransom note and photos and it seems these people mean business!

We are working with the FBI to find out how someone could have known that Chick was leaning toward NOT donating his "Evening With Chick at FIRST LOOK"  this year.  When we forwarded the ransom note to Chick, he heartlessly said "Keep the dog, I have made plans with my new Biker Babe Roxanne for the First Look Banquet."

A grass roots group of animal lovers (who also happen to be into HOSTAS) has organized a movement to "Save Chick's Dog." The group, headed by Dan Nelson, is offering to donate plants to the FIRST LOOK Auction in hopes of dissuading the kidnappers of harming poor Lily.  I have met Lily, and she is an adorable little cutie, not deserving of such callous disregard by Chick.

If you love hostas, the AHS Hosta Journal, animals and the American Way.....please visit The First Look Auction Site   and see the  "Save Chick's Dog" entry for details on how you can help the 'cause' and see adorable photos of Lily!

Thank you for your support!

Carol in CT   z6/5
First Look Team
July 6, 2002   Parsippany, NJ