TC Questions

  • Subject: TC Questions
  • From: gw1944@vermontel.net (Glen Williams)
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 11:48:41 -0500 (EST)

I have got a couple of dumb as a stump questions on TC.

1. Clearly there is no F 1, F 2.. ...generation when it comes to TC. Is
there any hint, theory, or suggestion  that one can get into trouble by
having the clone of a clone of a clone.......Is there anything to suggest
that by TCing a plant and then TCing that plant..... ad infinitum, that you
can get into trouble?

2. Does the actual age of the plant which is TCed make a difference on the
liners from  that plant. I think that there was some problem with Dolly the
sheep in that respect. Are  the animal kingdom and the plant kingdom
kissing cousins in this process?

3. Could Chick be TCed?

 "Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and wimble in the wabe; and
mimsy were the borogoves." C.L. Dodgson
Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.
Springfield , Vermont