Re: species

  • Subject: Re: species
  • From: "W. George Schmid" <hostahill@msn.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 17:14:23 -0500

Hi All,
You must be patient! Taxonomy is a work in progress. Ben has written a paper which impacts the number of hosta species. Time must be allowed to study this paper. In the meantime, all legal species are in the Kew Index as listed in hostalibrary.org under species. Many of the listed are synonyms, some are not true species and some have been reduced to culta rank. I will sort it out, I promise and I have been working on it for some time. Right now I am going through the galleys for my new book. First things first.
W. George