Re: FIRST LOOK AUCTION!!!

  • Subject: Re: FIRST LOOK AUCTION!!!
  • From: OXFORDWALT@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 09:55:49 EST

In a message dated 1/29/2003 9:48:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
njhosta@hotmail.com writes:

> This year we will be splitting our proceeds with
> the HostaLibrary.

Bill:  As it relates to the HOSTA LIBRARY............I love it howver it was
my opinion that this was an all volunteer effort by Bob Axemear.  If not,
what are his annual costs?
And do others share my opinion or am I the only naive one in the bunch.
Remember, in collecting money and apending/donating same, you hold a
responsibility to your members( all the golks in Region One I imagine).
When you donate to AHS, they publicly publish their financials and if folks
read the "JOURNAL" they know  and understand the situation.  However, I don't
believe the majority have any idea of the financials with the Hosat Library.
You hold a fiduciary responsibility and, IMHO, should not only publish your
financials but also explain the situation with the Hosta Library.
How many folks have computers?  And therefore access to this site?
These are the questions and a few more I continued to ask myself about TS
over the years, feeling strongly that I held and the Board acted with the
membershipps money.
My opinion; maybe others.......certainly we don't want an Enron in the hosta
society family.  They're in our paper every day as it relates to volunteer
orgs and monies mismanaged and/or mis-spent.
Walter Cullerton